Hi beautifuls! It’s been another wonderful month here in Georgia and after many weeks of confusion Spring is finally here to stay.
I ran the Knoxville Half Marathon at the beginning of the month. After months of dealing with injury and not being able to consistently train, it all came together for the month of April. 🙂
The Mr. and I also had a fun weekend in Walt Disney World too!
Here’s a look at my April Goals and how I stacked up:
- 3-4x a week check
- draft editorial calendar through the month of May check
- draft and schedule content through end of May (at least the bulk of it anyway) check
- work on utilizing Pinterest and Tailwind more didn’t happen
- maintain nightly wind down routine <– more about this here check
- walk Chloe Mae 3x per week (not including weekends) didn’t happen consistently
- prep healthy freezer meals for the following weeks/months check (read more about that here)
RUNNING + FITNESS
- stick to training schedule and not skip more than 2 runs this month 2 skips
- complete 3 barre workouts this month didn’t happen – only completed 1
- complete 2 kettle bell workouts this month check – completed 4 workouts
- complete 6 structured yoga workouts this month check
- complete at least 50 glute bridges and clamshells each week check
Here’s what I would like to do for May:
- 3-4x a week
- draft editorial calendar through the month of June
- draft and schedule content through end of June (at least the bulk of it anyway)
- maintain nightly wind down routine <– more about this here
- walk Chloe Mae 2x per week (not including weekends)
- prep healthy freezer meals for the following weeks/months
- maintain daily cleaning schedule
RUNNING + FITNESS
- stick to training schedule and not skip more than 2 runs this month
- complete 1 barre workout this month
- complete 4 kettle bell workouts this month
- complete 4 structured yoga workouts this month
- complete at least 50 glute bridges, clamshells and crunches each week
- start mapping out marathon training plan for the coming months
Most of my goals for May are the same but I have adjusted the running and fitness goals a bit. I’ve been loving all these Tone It Up workouts so I will continue to add them into my routine here and there. I would like to increase the kettle bell workouts because I’ve found that they change my body quicker than most other workouts. They are total body which helps me save time too.
I’ve been loving all the Tone It Up yoga routines, but have decided to lower it from 6 workouts to 4 since I would really like to focus more on weight training not just body weight training. I also really like doing yoga whenever I feel like it instead of when it’s on my calendar.
I love updating my makeup and clothes with the seasons. After all the training and miles it’s nice to feel like a girl. Spring is in full bloom so that means spring cleaning, spring lipsticks and new clothes.
How was your April?
Do you update or refresh your makeup, hair or clothes when the seasons change?