Happy Friday everyone! This edition is of Friday Five is all about runDisney. Since the Princess Half Marathon in February I have been hooked on Disney races. The Mr. and I had the best time at Disney World and I got bit by the runDisney bug. I had such a great experience and I was ready for the next Disney race, so what else could I do but sign up for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and the Walt Disney World Marathon this weekend. I am even running doing the Glass Slipper Challenge as part of the Princess Half Marathon with my sister and mom next month. There are so many reasons to love Disney, but here are a few reasons to experience runDisney.
1. NO PRESSURE: Disney races are great because no matter where you are in your racing/running journey there’s plenty of room for you. The energy of the whole weekend will make you feel like a runner even if you are a newbie. Everything about the race weekend will make you feel like a pro whether you are an elite runner or a first timer.
2. IT’S DISNEY: This basically goes without saying, but seriously what could make a better racecation. Disney is a destination that the whole family can enjoy. Sure it’s a little pricey, but the experience is something you will never forget. Disney race weekends are the perfect setting for a girls weekend, family trip or couples retreat because there is a little something for everyone.
3. COURSE/DISTANCE: Not only are there bands, Disney characters and all sorts of other theatrics along the courses, but Florida is FLAT. Flat like a perfect pancake. You won’t find any rolling hills or serious elevation climbs which makes this a great way to take in all the energy, scenery, or run with friends who may be at a different pace than you. I love that Disney offers multiple race distances for their race weekends. I think this is great because if you are traveling with other people everyone can have their own race experience on their own day if you don’t have the same race goals. The energy of the races makes it lots of fun to spectate too because well, its DISNEY.
4. DISNEY AMENITIES: If you stay at a Disney resort transportation is a breeze. They offer airport shuttles, transportation to and from the parks as well as the race start and finish. There is no need to freak out on race day trying to find a parking space or worrying about how long public transportation will take, Disney does all of that for you. My favorite is the park transportation because it takes the stress off you so you can enjoy the days surrounding the race without having to worry.
5. ENERGY: Everyone throughout the course and at the pre and post race parties make the races different than anything else. The pre race party before the Princess Half was like nothing I could have imagined. They had a DJ playing loud dance music at 4am on a stage with flashing lights and to pass the time you could get your picture taken with princesses. It was like a techno dance party in the darkest part of the morning. There were also fireworks to signal each heat and Fairy Godmother counted off the first couple waves at the start. That’s the magic of Disney!
No matter what runDisney event you are interested in, you will not be disappointed. Disney has been doing this long enough to know how to handle the crowds, how to appeal to all sorts of runners and how to throw a class act event. It’s no surprise that many runners have a least one runDisney event on their running bucket list. Whether princesses or wine is your thing there is something for everyone.
Have you ever done a runDisney race?
What Disney race is on your bucket list?