Is it really already December?! Whoa! I like sharing my goals with ya’ll because it helps keep me accountable. I’ve found that monthly/weekly goals really help me stay focused. I’ve just been Thinking Out Loud…
Here are my goals for the month:
- Back to Back Long Runs: This is to help me prep for the runDisney Dopey Challenge next month. I plan to do as many back to back long runs as possible to round out the month strong.
- Have Fun: The Mr. and I have so many fun things planned to celebrate the holiday season. I don’t want to be so wrapped up in training that I miss out of any of it. Christmas lights, movie nights, the Star Wars Rogue One premier, all the baking, holiday lights at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville and maybe a play or two.
- Strength & Weight Training: I’ve been doing good so far with my strength and weight training routine and I want to keep it up. Not only do I run stronger, but I feel so much more confident about my body. Lately I’ve been digging kettlebells, single leg exercises, body weight exercises, the stability ball and dumbbells. I’ve even been working my arms. Who am I?!
- Yoga: My goal is to do at least a little yoga every week.
- Nutrition/Macro Counting: I fell off the carb cycling routine and miss it so much. Since I’m technically marathon training I don’t plan to full on carb cycle until after marathon weekend, but I do want to make more of an effort to focus on lower carb days and my overall nutrition this month. I think just focusing on counting my macros everyday will help me have more knowledge on what I’m fueling my body with.
- Mileage: I’m going to aim for 30-35 miles a week instead of trying to peak in high 40s. I don’t have very many weeks left before the WDW Dopey Challenge and the strength/weight training will tax me if I’m not careful.
Do you have any goals for the month?