Hi ya’ll! If you are a regular around here then you know I have been really trying to focus on adding more strength workouts to my training routine. I love doing basic body weight exercises like squats, lunges, planks, etc however sometimes I like to mix it up. It’s fun to try new things and I really like the variety that YouTube provides.
The thing I really love about the workouts I’ve listed for you all is that they are easy and quick. All of the routines I’ve listed are under 10 minutes each.
For that reason I love being able to do one or two after a run when I only have a couple minutes or on light days when I just want to do something more.
As a runner, I am always trying to target muscle groups that will complement my running and these fit the bill. Also, if you have been following my Chicago Marathon training updates then you have probably seen a couple of these. I hope you like them as much as I do.
Here are some of my new go to workouts!
- Tone It Up. Malibooty Workout. – Strong booty = fastah 😉
- Blogilates. Quick Burn Booty and Thighs Workout. – These exercises are strange at first, but totally burn in the best way possible.
- Tone It Up. Love Your Abs. – I love that there are different exercises in this routine than I would normally incorporate on my own.
- Blogilates. 3 Minute Obliques Workout. – It really is only 3 minutes! Who doesn’t have 3 minutes?!
- Tone It Up. Bikini Booty Workout. – More booty #lifegoals
*bonus* Blogilates. I Really Like You Squat Challenge. I love the squat variations and tag this on whenever I can because Casey makes it so easy.
How do you keep your strength workouts fresh?
Who inspires you to try new things?