I can’t believe we are basically in 2017 already! Last year I had clear goals and this year it took me some time to think about where I want to go and what I want to do with my running. Before I get on with my running goals for the new year, I want to check back with my goals for 2016 and evaluate.
- Stay Healthy. I managed to have an injury free year! Whee!
- Half Marathon & Marathon PR. I pulled a half marathon PR at Revel Big Cottonwood and a marathon PR at Chicago 🙂
- 50 Mile Week. Check!
- More Fun. I did a lot of races for fun and I wouldn’t trade them for anything.
- Trails. I wish I would have made more of an effort to get out on the trails. I didn’t do as many trail runs as I would have liked.
- Strength/Weight Train Regularly. My running is better and I feel so much more confident when I am strength training and lift weights on a regular basis.
- International Race. I would really like to run a marathon, but am not going to limit myself to that just yet. More to come on this later…
- Downhill Race. I loved my experience at Revel Big Cottonwood and would love to run another downhill race. There is truly nothing like it.
- Trails Again. This is a rollover from 2016. I am so much happier and feel so much stronger when I get in the dirt regularly.
- 2+ 50 Mile Weeks. I felt like a boss when I ran my first 50 mile week over the summer and I want to do it again.
Who else is excited about 2017!?
What are your goals for the New Year?