Now that the New Year is in full swing, it’s about time to share my running goals for 2016 with ya’ll! I know that I promised you all a video, but the weather was grey and cold out so I opted a post instead. I already shared my personal goals so be sure to check them out here.
Let’s get right to it…
- Stay Healthy. Above all things I need to stay healthy and injury free. This includes being diligent about my nutrition and my supplements. I also need to do a better job about resting when I need to and taking breaks between training cycles.
- Half Marathon & Marathon PR. I’m going after it this year. I didn’t spend much time last year focusing on the half marathon because the marathon was the focus, so this year I want to invest in being faster at that distance. I have also learned so much from the two marathons that I completed in 2015 that I think I know what to do to be better.
- 50 Mile Week. I just want one 50 mile week. This is a pretty lofty goal for where I currently am, but I’m writing it down so it’s real now.
- More Fun. I want to have more fun in 2016! I want to run for fun again with the Mr. and race different distances in different places. The Mr. is really supportive of my racecation obsession so I’m excited to see what’s in store this year. I also want us to run more local races just for fun!
- Trails. I fell in love with running on the trail so I really want to make more of an effort to hit the dirt bags. We don’t live super close to areas for me to trail run so I have to do a little bit of planning, but I know it will be worth it. Road running is awesome, but nature is calming and beautiful.
I hope to check in throughout the year to let you guys know how I’m doing. It helps me stay accountable and really hone in on how I’m doing.
What are your running goals for this year?
Are you adding new distances to your running calendar?