Today I thought I would check in on my 2016 running goals and share where I am right now. Here are the goals I set for 2016:
- Stay Healthy. Everything is about balance, but so far I am injury free, have been getting more rest and eating mindfully.
- Half Marathon & Marathon PR. I am still working towards these goals. My hope is to PR at the Revel Big Cottonwood Half Marathon in September and the Chicago Marathon in October.
- 50 Mile Week. I should be able to check this off after August! The miles start piling on a lot this month 🙂
- More Fun. I have done this over and over again! I have enjoyed running more this year than ever before and have learned to not take everything so seriously. It’s okay to run for fun, in fact it’s encouraged!
- Trails. I love spending my recovery runs on the trails. It’s a beautiful atmosphere and the dirt is so forgiving on my body. I love the trails more now than I have in a long time.
Races so far this year:
- Walt Disney World Marathon
- Miami Half Marathon
- Disney Enchanted 10k
- Disney Princess Half Marathon
- Knoxville Half Marathon
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon
- Bolder Boulder 10k
- Vancouver USA Half Marathon
- San Francisco Half Marathon – recap coming soon!
Did you set running goals for 2016? How are they shaping up?